NEW HI-PERFORMANCE 1973-1978 BIG BLOCK DODGE 440 SMALL MALE CAP “Ready-To-Run” HEI DISTRIBUTOR, BLACK 45,000 VOLT COIL & RED 8mm HI-PERFORMANCE SPIRAL CORE SPARK PLUG WIRES THAT ARE MADE IN U.S.A.!!
Brand New Big Block DODGE 440 Small Cap HEI Distributor. This distributor is also know as a Ready-To-Run distributor. Distributor cap is RED.***PLEASE NOTE: This distributor will NOT work on the Chrysler 383-400***.DISTRIBUTOR comes with a 3 YEAR WARRANTY!! This distributor requires an external 12 volt coil for electronic ignition and it is included in this listings. If you want this distributor & spark plug wires set without a coil, please check out my other listings. I have the distributor in Red, Blue or Black and the coils in Red, Blue, Black or Chrome Round, Red Round, Black Round (see the 2nd photo for coil color options). If you do not see the color combination you want, just email or call Dan at 201-456-0391 (8AM-10PM EST.) I also have this same electronic distributor with a female (points style) cap.**PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST RUN EXTERNAL COIL WITH THIS DISTRIBUTOR and it is included. Coil needs to be 12V and have an output of 40,000 volts or more. If you do not need a coil, please see my other listings that do not include the coil with the distributor. This Small Cap HEI Ready-To-Run distributor is made for easy installation. Just hook up the two wires and you are “Ready to Run”!! This distributor & coil comes with easy instructions and a 3 year warranty. Check out my feedback and buy with confidence. **This distributor will only work on carbureted engines. Will not work with Electric Fuel Injection (EFI).
This Distributor Features:-Small Cap allows for easy fire wall clearance, especially for Pre-1975 that do may not have the room for a large size HEI.
-OEM appearance (also available with male cap)
-Unit is fully CNC machined.
-Fully self-contained distributor with built in Module. Only requires 12 volt External coil for electronic ignition (Typical points coil will not work). No Ballast Resistor is required.
-Easy two wire Hookup (wires included)
-Same as late GM HEIs except you run an external coil instead of In-cap coil.
-Eliminates the need for all the extra wiring and ballast resistor.
-Major improvement in starting and performance over points
-Built-in GM style module (not made by GM)
-Spark plug gap can run from around 45-50 instead of 35 if you run points.
-Same size as the original points distributors and is fully electronic.
– Much better fuel mileage
– Far less pollution, as the fuel is burned much better
– Faster start ups, especially in cold weather
– Those with carburetors prone to flooding will notice a huge difference, as the spark on electronic ignition is many times stronger than point style ignition.
– Virtually no maintenance, compared to points
– Spark plug life is 3-5 times longer, as well as plug wires
– Much better performance, over points, mostly due to the better combustion of unleaded fuel, as this was the primary reason for the development of electronic ignition.
– Point dwell changes as points wear out, causing your timing to advance dramatically. This brings your engine much closer to detonation, not to mention hard starting, and poor performance.
– Over all engine life is much longer with electronic ignition over points.This listing also includes a New BLACK 12 Volt ROUND coil that puts out 45,000 volts. This coil has the classic “old Skool” look and is oil-filled. This is a perfect coil to run with this electronic distributor. The coil also comes with a 3 year warranty.Includes Red PACKARD WIRE 8mm High Performance 270 ohm Spiral Core Spark Plug wires for 1973-1978 Big Block DODGE 440 applications. Spark plug wires have 90/135 degree spark plug boots and 90 degree distributor boots that are already factory assembled. The included set of RED wires will work on 1973-1978 BIG BLOCK DODGE 440 using the HEI (male) distributor cap that is also included in this listing. These wires are already factory assembled on both ends. This set DOES include ONE, not two, coil wires. The photo shows 2 different coil wires (for you to reference). Both have one male end and one female end. Please send email/ebay message or call Dan at 201-456-0391 and let me know if you want a straight or 90 degree boot on the male end of the coil wire. If a coil wire is not selected, I will send you the coil wire with 90 degree boots on both ends.For over 100 years, MADE IN THE USA!! These High Performance wires only have 270 ohms per foot!! The less Ohms, the more Performance.
Details on the wires:
PACKARD WIRE 8mm High Performance Spiral Core Spark Plug Wires have a resistance of ONLY 270 Ohms per foot.