NEW HI-PERFORMANCE 1959 & UP BIG BLOCK CHRYSLER 413, 426 & 440 SMALL MALE CAP “Ready-To-Run” HEI DISTRIBUTOR & BLACK 45,000 VOLT COIL
Brand New Big Block CHRYSLER 413, 426 & 440 Small Cap HEI Distributor. This distributor is also known as a Ready-To-Run distributor. Distributor cap is BLACK. This will work on 1959 & UP CHRYSLER 413, 426 & 440 that are carburated.
DISTRIBUTOR comes with a 3 YEAR WARRANTY. This distributor requires an external 12 volt coil for electronic ignition and it is included. We also have this same electronic distributor with a female (points style) cap.
**PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST RUN EXTERNAL COIL WITH THIS DISTRIBUTOR and it is included. Coil needs to be 12V and have an output of 45,000 volts or more. If you do need a coil, please contact us. This Small Cap HEI Ready-To-Run distributor is made for easy installation. Just hook up the two wires and you are “Ready to Run”. This distributor comes with easy instructions and a 3 year warranty.
**This distributor will only work on carbureted engines. Will not work with Electric Fuel Injection (EFI).
-Small Cap allows for easy fire wall clearance, especially for Pre-1975 that may not have the room for a large size HEI.
-OEM appearance (also available with male cap)
-Unit is fully CNC machined.
-Fully self-contained distributor with built in Module. Only requires 12 volt External coil for electronic ignition (Typical points coil will not work). No Ballast Resistor is required.
-Easy two wire Hookup (wires included)
-Same as late GM HEI’s except you run an external coil instead of In-cap coil.
-Eliminates the need for all the extra wiring and ballast resistor.
-Major improvement in starting and performance over points
-Built-in GM style module (not made by GM)
-Spark plug gap can run from around 45-50 instead of 35 if you run points.
-Same size as the original points distributors and is fully electronic.
– Much better fuel mileage
– Far less pollution, as the fuel is burned much better
– Faster start up, especially in cold weather
– Those with carburetors prone to flooding will notice a huge difference, as the spark on electronic ignition is many times stronger than point style ignition.
– Virtually no maintenance, compared to points
– Spark plug life is 3-5 times longer, as well as plug wires
– Much better performance, over points, mostly due to the better combustion of unleaded fuel, as this was the primary reason for the development of electronic ignition.
– Point dwell changes as points wear out, causing your timing to advance dramatically. This brings your engine much closer to detonation, not to mention hard starting, and poor performance.
– Over all engine life is much longer with electronic ignition over points.
This also includes a New BLACK 12 Volt coil that puts out 45,000 volts. This coil has the classic “old skool” look and is oil-filled. This is a perfect coil to run with this electronic distributor. The coil also comes with a 3 year warranty.