NEW HI-PERFORMANCE 1959-1978 BIG BLOCK DODGE 413, 426 & 440 SMALL FEMALE BLACK CAP “Ready-To-Run” HEI DISTRIBUTOR COIL!
Get the improved performance of the Electronic Distributor with the old school look of a points distributor! Brand New Big Block Dodge 413, 426 & 440 Small Cap HEI Distributor with a female/points-style distributor cap. Although this distributor has a points style distributor cap, it is fully electronic. This distributor is also know as a Ready-To-Run distributor. Distributor cap is BLACK. DISTRIBUTOR comes with a 3 YEAR WARRANTY!! This distributor requires an external 12 volt coil for electronic ignition and it is included in this listings. Distributor works on Big Block Dodge 413, 426 & 440.
**PLEASE NOTE: THIS DISTRIBUTOR WILL NOT WORK ON THE BIG BLOCK DODGE 383 & 400**
If you want this distributor & spark plug wires set without a coil, please check out my other listings. I have the distributor in Red, Blue or Black and the coils in Red, Blue, Black or Chrome. (See the 2nd photo for coil color options) If you do not see the color combination you want, contact us. I also have this same electronic distributor with a male (small HEI style) cap.
**PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST RUN EXTERNAL COIL WITH THIS DISTRIBUTOR and it is NOT included. Coil needs to be 12V and have an output of 40,000 volts or more. If you do need a coil, please see my other listings that do include the coil with the distributor. This Small Cap HEI Ready-To-Run distributor is made for easy installation. Just hook up the two wires and you are “Ready to Run”!! This distributor comes with easy instructions and a 3 year warranty. Check out my feedback and buy with confidence.
-Small Cap allows for easy fire wall clearance, especially for Pre-1975 that do may not have the room for a large size HEI.
-OEM appearance (also available with male cap)
-Unit is fully CNC machined.
-Fully self-contained distributor with built in Module. Only requires 12 volt External coil for electronic ignition (Typical points coil will not work). No Ballast Resistor is required.
-Easy two wire Hookup (wires included)
-Same as late GM HEIs except you run an external coil instead of In-cap coil.
-Eliminates the need for all the extra wiring and ballast resistor.
-Major improvement in starting and performance over points
-Built-in GM style module (not made by GM)
-Spark plug gap can run from around 45-50 instead of 35 if you run points.
-Same size as the original points distributors and is fully electronic.
– Much better fuel mileage
– Far less pollution, as the fuel is burned much better
– Faster start ups, especially in cold weather
– Those with carburetors prone to flooding will notice a huge difference, as the spark on electronic ignition is many times stronger than point style ignition.
– Virtually no maintenance, compared to points
– Spark plug life is 3-5 times longer, as well as plug wires
– Much better performance, over points, mostly due to the better combustion of unleaded fuel, as this was the primary reason for the development of electronic ignition.
– Point dwell changes as points wear out, causing your timing to advance dramatically. This brings your engine much closer to detonation, not to mention hard starting, and poor performance.
– Over all engine life is much longer with electronic ignition over points
.**PLEASE NOTE: THE PHOTO INCLUDES THE WORDING DODGE “400” & “440”. ALTHOUGH THE SPARK PLUG WIRES WILL FIT BOTH THE 400 & 440, THIS DISTRIBUTOR WILL NOT WORK ON A DODGE 400 (It will also not work on the DODGE 383) . The “400” was just for the purpose of the spark plug applications.**