NEW HI-PERFORMANCE BIG BLOCK FORD 351C-351M-400M-429-460 BLACK SMALL FEMALE CAP “Ready-To-Run” HEI DISTRIBUTOR AND BLACK 8mm SPIRAL CORE SPARK PLUG WIRES THAT ARE MADE IN U.S.A.!!
Get the improved performance of the Electronic Distributor with the old school look of a points distributor!!!Brand New Big Block FORD Small Cap HEI Distributor with a female/points-style distributor cap. Although this distributor has a points style distributor cap, it is fullly electronic. This distributor is also know as a Ready-To-Run distributor. Distributor cap is BLACK. DISTRIBUTOR comes with a 3 YEAR WARRANTY!! This distributor requires an external 12 volt coil for electronic ignition and it is NOT included in this listings. Distributor works on Big Block FORD 351c, 351m, 400m, 429 & 460. If you want this distributor & spark plug wires set with a coil, please check out my other listings. I have the distributor in Red, Blue or Black and the coils in Red, Blue, Black or Chrome. (See the 2nd photo for coil color options) If you do not see the color combination you want, contact us. I also have this same electronic distributor with a male (small HEI style) cap.
**PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST RUN EXTERNAL COIL WITH THIS DISTRIBUTOR and it is NOT included. Coil needs to be 12V and have an output of 40,000 volts or more. If you do need a coil, please see my other listings that do include the coil with the distributor. This Small Cap HEI Ready-To-Run distributor is made for easy installation. Just hook up the two wires and you are “Ready to Run”!! This distributor comes with easy instructions and a 3 year warranty. Check out my feedback and buy with confidence.
This Distributor Features:-Small Cap allows for easy fire wall clearance, especially for Pre-1975 that do may not have the room for a large size HEI.
-OEM appearance (also available with male cap)
-Unit is fully CNC machined.
-Fully self-contained distributor with built in Module. Only requires 12 volt External coil for electronic igniton (Typical points coil will not work). No Ballast Resistor is required.
-Easy two wire Hookup (wires included)
-Same as late GM HEIs except you run an external coil instead of In-cap coil.
-Eliminates the need for all the extra wiring and ballast resistor.
-Major improvement in starting and performance over points
-Built-in GM style module (not made by GM)
-Spark plug gap can run from around 45-50 instead of 35 if you run points.
-Same size as the original points distributors and is fully electronic.
– Much better fuel mileage
– Far less pollution, as the fuel is burned much better
– Faster start ups, especially in cold weather
– Those with carborators prone to flooding will notice a huge difference, as the spark on electronic ignition is many times stronger than point style ignition.
– Virtually no maintenance, compared to points
– Spark plug life is 3-5 times longer, as well as plug wires
– Much better performance, over points, mostly due to the better combustion of unleaded fuel, as this was the primary reason for the development of electronic ignition.
– Point dwell changes as points wear out, causing your timing to advance dramatically. This brings your engine much closer to detonation, not to mention hard starting, and poor performance.
– Over all engine life is much longer with electronic ignition over points.Includes BLACK PACKARD WIRE 8mm High Performance 270 ohm Spiral Core Spark Plug wires for Big Block Ford applications. Spark plug wires have straight spark plug boots and straight distributor boots that are already factory assembled. The included set of BLACK wires will work on BIG BLOCK FORD 351C-351M-400M-429-460 using the NON-HEI (female/ Points style cap) distributor that is also included in this listing. These wires are already factory assembled on both ends. A coil wire is included. For over 100 years, MADE IN THE USA!! These High Performance wires only have 270 ohms per foot!! The less Ohms, the more Performance.
Details on the wires:
PACKARD WIRE 8mm High Performance Spiral Core Spark Plug Wires have a resistance of ONLY 270 Ohms per foot.
Fits the following applications:MakeYearModelEngineBricklin1975-1976SV-1, w/Ford Engine351CDe Tomaso1970-1971MangustaFord 351CDe Tomaso1972-1974PanteraFord 351CDe Tomaso1975-1985PanteraFord 351CFord1958-1960All Models332, 410, 430Ford1958-1966All Models352Ford1964-1968All Models427Ford1966-1970All Models428, CJFord1961-1971All Models390, 406Ford1969-1971All Models, boss 302302 bossFord1968-1973All Models, except boss 429429, CJ, SCJFord1970-1974All Models, cleveland351C, CJ, BossFord1971-1974All Models400CFord1972-1974All Models460Ford1975-1976Elite351MFord1975-1976Elite400Ford1975-1976Elite460Ford1975-1976Ltd400Ford1975-1976Thunderbird460Ford1975-1976Torino351MFord1975-1976Torino400Ford1975-1976Torino460Ford md1964-1978All 500-900 Series wo/Dura-Spark Ignition330, 361, 391Ford md1973-1978All 500-900 Series wo/Dura-Spark Ignition359, 389Ford md1972-1979All 750-1100 Series wo/Dura-Spark Ignition475Ford md1958-1981All 750-1100 Series wo/Dura-Spark Ignition401, 477, 534Ford trucks1965-1967All Models352Ford trucks1964-1974All Models330, 360, 390Ford trucks1970-1974All Models351CFord trucks1971-1974All Models400CFord trucks1973-1974All Models460Ford trucks1975-1976E 250-350 Van460Ford trucks1975-1976F 100-350 Pickup360Ford trucks1975-1976F 100-350 Pickup390Ford trucks1975-1976F 100-350 Pickup460Ford trucks1975-1976Ranchero351MFord trucks1975-1976Ranchero400Ford trucks1975-1976Ranchero460Lincoln1956-1957All Models368Lincoln1958-1965All Models430Lincoln1966-1968All Models462Lincoln1968-1974All Models460Lincoln1975-1976Continental460Lincoln1975-1976Mark IV460Mercury1958-1960All Models332, 383Mercury1958-1966All Models352Mercury1964-1968All Models427Mercury1966-1970All Models410, 428, CJMercury1961-1971All Models390, 406Mercury1969-1971All Models, Boss 302302 BossMercury1968-1973All Models, Except Boss 429429, CJ, SCJMercury1970-1974All Models, Cleveland351C, CJ, BossMercury1971-1974All Models400CMercury1972-1974All Models460Mercury1975-1976Cougar351MMercury1975-1976Cougar400Mercury1975-1976Cougar460Mercury1975-1976Marquis400Mercury1975-1976Montego351MMercury1975-1976Montego400Mercury1975-1976Montego460