NEW HI-PERFORMANCE 1964-1978 SMALL BLOCK PLYMOUTH 273-318-340-360 SMALL MALE CAP “Ready-To-Run” HEI DISTRIBUTOR, RED 50,000 VOLT COIL & BLUE 8mm HI-PERFORMANCE SPIRAL CORE SPARK PLUG WIRES THAT ARE MADE IN U.S.A.!!
Brand New Small Block PLYMOUTH 273-318-340-360 Small Cap HEI Distributor. This distributor is also know as a Ready-To-Run distributor. Distributor cap is BLUE. DISTRIBUTOR comes with a 3 YEAR WARRANTY!! This distributor requires an external 12 volt coil for electronic ignition and it is included in this listings. Distributor works on Small Block PLYMOUTH 273-318-340-360. If you want this distributor & spark plug wires set without a coil, please check out my other listings. I have the distributor in Red, Blue or Black and the coils in Red, Blue, Black or Chrome. (See the 2nd photo for coil color options) If you do not see the color combination you want, contact us. I also have this same electronic distributor with a female (points style) cap.**PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST RUN EXTERNAL COIL WITH THIS DISTRIBUTOR and it is included. Coil needs to be 12V and have an output of 40,000 volts or more. If you do not need a coil, please see my other listings that do not include the coil with the distributor. This Small Cap HEI Ready-To-Run distributor is made for easy installation. Just hook up the two wires and you are “Ready to Run”!! This distributor & coil comes with easy instructions and a 3 year warranty. Check out my feedback and buy with confidence.
This Distributor Features:-Small Cap allows for easy fire wall clearance, especially for Pre-1975 that do may not have the room for a large size HEI.
-OEM appearance (also available with male cap)
-Unit is fully CNC machined.
-Fully self-contained distributor with built in Module. Only requires 12 volt External coil for electronic ignition (Typical points coil will not work). No Ballast Resistor is required.
-Easy two wire Hookup (wires included)
-Same as late GM HEIs except you run an external coil instead of In-cap coil.
-Eliminates the need for all the extra wiring and ballast resistor.
-Major improvement in starting and performance over points
-Built-in GM style module (not made by GM)
-Spark plug gap can run from around 45-50 instead of 35 if you run points.
-Same size as the original points distributors and is fully electronic.
– Much better fuel mileage
– Far less pollution, as the fuel is burned much better
– Faster start ups, especially in cold weather
– Those with carburetors prone to flooding will notice a huge difference, as the spark on electronic ignition is many times stronger than point style ignition.
– Virtually no maintenance, compared to points
– Spark plug life is 3-5 times longer, as well as plug wires
– Much better performance, over points, mostly due to the better combustion of unleaded fuel, as this was the primary reason for the development of electronic ignition.
– Point dwell changes as points wear out, causing your timing to advance dramatically. This brings your engine much closer to detonation, not to mention hard starting, and poor performance.
– Over all engine life is much longer with electronic ignition over points.This listing also includes a New BLUE 12 Volt coil that puts out 50,000 volts. This is a perfect coil to run with this electronic distributor. The coil also comes with a 3 year warranty.Includes BLUE PACKARD WIRE 8mm High Performance 270 ohm Spiral Core Spark Plug wires for 1964-1978 Small Block PLYMOUTH 273-318-340-360 applications. Spark plug wires have straight spark plug boots and 90 degree distributor boots that are already factory assembled. The included set of BLUE wires will work on 1964-1978 SMALL BLOCK PLYMOUTH 273-318-340-360 using the HEI (male) distributor cap that is also included in this listing. These wires are already factory assembled on both ends. Coil wire is included.For over 100 years, MADE IN THE USA!! These High Performance wires only have 270 ohms per foot!! The less Ohms, the more Performance.
Details on the wires:
PACKARD WIRE 8mm High Performance Spiral Core Spark Plug Wires have a resistance of ONLY 270 Ohms per foot.
The wires fit the following applications using the Male distributor cap:MakeYearModelEngineAMC1957-1966All Models250, 287, 327Bricklin1973-1974SV-1, w/Mopar Engine360Buick1961-1963All Models215Buick1964-1967All Models300, 340Chevrolet1958-1965All Models348, 409Chevrolet MD1956-1965All 40-80 Series & Chassis322, 348, 409Chevrolet Truck1956-1965All Models322, 348, 409Chrysler1978New Yorker318, 360Chrysler1978Newport318, 360Chrysler1971-1972All Models360Chrysler1975-1978Cordoba318, 360Chrysler1977-1978Lebaron318, 360Dodge1973Challenger340Dodge1973Charger340Dodge1973Coronet340Dodge1973Dart340Dodge1973Polara318, 360Dodge1973Swinger340Dodge1978Magnum318, 360Dodge1964-1969All Models273Dodge1967-1972All Models318Dodge1968-1972All Models340Dodge1971-1972All Models360Dodge1973-1974Challenger318Dodge1973-1976Challenger360Dodge1973-1976Charger318, 360Dodge1973-1976Coronet318, 360Dodge1973-1976Dart318, 360Dodge1973-1976Swinger318, 360Dodge1973-1978Monaco360Dodge1976-1978Aspen318, 360Dodge1977-1978Diplomat318, 360Dodge MD1967-1978All 400-700 Series318Dodge MD1972-1978All 400-700 Series360Dodge Truck1972All Models360Dodge Truck1964-1967All Models273Dodge Truck1967-1972All Models318Dodge Truck1973-1978B 100-300 Van & Chassis318, 360Dodge Truck1973-1978D,W 100-300 Pickup318, 360Dodge Truck1973-1978RAMCharger318, 360Ford1962-1964All Models221, 260Ford1963-1968All Models289Ford1968-1974All Models, Except Boss 302302Ford1969-1974All Models351WFord1975-1976Elite351WFord1975-1976Granada302, 351WFord1975-1976Ltd351WFord1975-1976Maverick302Ford1975-1976Mustang302Ford1975-1976Torino302, 351WFord Trucks1965-1968All Models289Ford Trucks1968-1974All Models302, 351WFord Trucks1975-1976Bronco302Ford Trucks1975-1976E 100-350 Van351WFord Trucks1975-1976F 100-350 Pickup302, 351WFord Trucks1975-1976Ranchero302, 351WGMC1956-1965All Models322, 348, 409GMC MD1956-1965All 40-80 Series & Chassis322, 348, 409Jeep1965-1968All Models327Mercury1962-1964All Models221, 260Mercury1963-1968All Models289Mercury1968-1974All Models, Except Boss 302302Mercury1969-1974All Models351WMercury1975-1976Comet302Mercury1975-1976Cougar351WMercury1975-1976Marquis351WMercury1975-1976Monarch302, 351WMercury1975-1976Montego302, 351WOldsmobile1961-1963All Models215Oldsmobile1964-1968All Models371, 394Oldsmobile1964-1967All Models330Oldsmobile1965-1969All Models400, 425Oldsmobile1968-1974All Models350, 455Plymouth1973Barracuda340Plymouth1973Duster340Plymouth1973Satellite340Plymouth1973Valiant340Plymouth1964-1969All Models273Plymouth1967-1972All Models318Plymouth1968-1972All Models340Plymouth1971-1972All Models360Plymouth1973-1974Barracuda318, 360Plymouth1973-1974Satellite318Plymouth1973-1976Duster318, 360Plymouth1973-1976Valiant318Plymouth1975-1977Gran Fury318, 360Plymouth1973-1978Fury318, 360Plymouth1976-1978Volare318, 360Plymouth Trucks1974-1978PB 100-300 Van & Chassis318, 360Plymouth Trucks1974-1978Trail Duster318, 360Pontiac1961-1962All Models215Sunbeam1967Tiger IIFord 289