NEW HI-PERFORMANCE PONTIAC 287-316-326-347-350-370-389-400-421-428-455 RED SMALL FEMALE CAP “Ready-To-Run” HEI DISTRIBUTOR, 45,000 VOLT CHROME COIL AND RED 8mm SPIRAL CORE SPARK PLUG WIRES THAT ARE MADE IN U.S.A.!!
Get the improved performance of the Electronic Distributor with the old school look of a points distributor!!!Brand New Pontiac Small Cap HEI Distributor with a female/points-style distributor cap. Although this distributor has a points style distributor cap, it is fullly electronic. This distributor is also know as a Ready-To-Run distributor. Distributor cap is RED. DISTRIBUTOR comes with a 3 YEAR WARRANTY!! This distributor requires an external 12 volt coil for electronic ignition and IT IS included in this listings. Distributor works on Pontiac 287, 316, 326, 347, 350, 370, 389, 400, 421, 428 & 455 engines. If you want this distributor & spark plug wires set without a coil, please check out my other listings. I have the distributor in Red, Blue or Black and the coils in Red, Blue, Black or Chrome. (See the 2nd photo for coil color options) If you do not see the color combination you want, just message Dan via eBay. I also have this same electronic distributor with a male (small HEI style) cap.
**PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST RUN EXTERNAL COIL WITH THIS DISTRIBUTOR and it is included. Coil needs to be 12V and have an output of 40,000 volts or more. If you do not need a coil, please see my other listings that do not include the coil with the distributor. This Small Cap HEI Ready-To-Run distributor is made for easy installation. Just hook up the two wires and you are “Ready to Run”!! This distributor comes with easy instructions and a 3 year warranty. Check out my feedback and buy with confidence.
This Distributor Features:-Small Cap allows for easy fire wall clearance, especially for Pre-1975 that do may not have the room for a large size HEI.
-OEM appearance (also available with male cap)
-Unit is fully CNC machined.
-Fully self-contained distributor with built in Module. Only requires 12 volt External coil for electronic igniton (Typical points coil will not work). No Ballast Resistor is required.
-Easy two wire Hookup (wires included)
-Same as late GM HEIs except you run an external coil instead of In-cap coil.
-Eliminates the need for all the extra wiring and ballast resistor.
-Major improvement in starting and performance over points
-Built-in GM style module (not made by GM)
-Spark plug gap can run from around 45-50 instead of 35 if you run points.
-Same size as the original points distributors and is fully electronic.
– Much better fuel mileage
– Far less pollution, as the fuel is burned much better
– Faster start ups, especially in cold weather
– Those with carborators prone to flooding will notice a huge difference, as the spark on electronic ignition is many times stronger than point style ignition.
– Virtually no maintenance, compared to points
– Spark plug life is 3-5 times longer, as well as plug wires
– Much better performance, over points, mostly due to the better combustion of unleaded fuel, as this was the primary reason for the development of electronic ignition.
– Point dwell changes as points wear out, causing your timing to advance dramatically. This brings your engine much closer to detonation, not to mention hard starting, and poor performance.
– Over all engine life is much longer with electronic ignition over points.This listing also includes a New CHROME 12 Volt coil that puts out 45,000 volts. This coil has the classic “old Skool” look and is oil-filled. This is a perfect coil to run with this electronic distributor. The coil also comes with a 3 year warranty.Includes Red PACKARD WIRE 8mm High Performance 270 ohm Spiral Core Spark Plug wires for Pontiac applications. Spark plug wires have straight spark plug boots and straight distributor boots that are already factory assembled. The stock applications are listed below, but in general these wires are going to fit all of the Pontiac engine sizes listed above from 1955 & up using a NON-HEI (female tower/points style) distributor. These wires will work on both points style and electronic distributors (with female/points style cap). With only 270 ohms per foot, these high performance wires are an industry leader!! The less ohms, the less resistance!! MADE IN THE USA!!These wires will NOT work on a vehicle with a HEI (Male) distributor cap. These wires are already factory assembled for these engine sizes so you DO NOT cut and crimp on the distributor ends. (if you are looking for the wires that you cut and crimp on the distributor ends, I do have them. Message Dan on eBay or check out my other listings). This listing is for a set of 8 wires. It does include a coil wire.For over 100 years, MADE IN THE USA!! These High Performance wires only have 270 ohms per foot!! The less Ohms, the more Performance.
Details on the wires:
PACKARD WIRE 8mm High Performance Spiral Core Spark Plug Wires have a resistance of ONLY 270 Ohms per foot.
Fits the following applications:MakeYearModelEngineAMC1967-1969All Models290, 343AMC1970-1974All Models304, 360, 401AMC1975-1976Gremlin5.0L 304AMC1975-1976Hornet5.0L 304AMC1975-1976Matador5.0L 304AMC1975-1976Matador5.9L 360AMC1975-1976Matador6.6L 401Buick1959-1967All Models, Nail Head400, 401, 425Buick1967-1974All Models, Exc. GS400, 430, 455Buick1968-1974All Models350Cadillac1949-1955All Models331Cadillac1956-1963All Models365, 390Cadillac1964-1967All Models429Cadillac1968-1974All Models472, 500Chevrolet1965-1969Corvette w/Non-braided oem spark leads396, 427Chevrolet1966-1969All Models427Chevrolet1965-1970All Models396Chevrolet1970-1972All Models402 Big BlockChevrolet1970-1974All Models454Chevrolet1966-1975All 40-80 Series & Chassis366, 427Chevrolet Truck1968-1970All Models396Chevrolet Truck1971-1972All Models402 Big BlockChevrolet Truck1966-1975All Models366Chevrolet Truck1968-1975All Models427Chevrolet Truck1971-1975All Models454GMC1968-1970All Models396GMC1971-1972All Models402 Big BlockGMC1966-1975All Models366GMC1968-1975All Models427GMC1971-1975All Models454GMC1966-1975All 40-80 Series & Chassis366, 427Jeep1976CJ-7304Jeep1968-1971All Models, w/Buick V8 Engine350Jeep1971-1974All Models304, 360, 401Jeep1975-1976Cherokee360Jeep1975-1976Cherokee401Jeep1975-1976CJ-5304Jeep1975-1976CJ-6304Jeep1975-1976J-10, 20 Pickup360Jeep1975-1976J-10, 20 Pickup401Jeep1975-1976Wagoneer360Jeep1975-1976Wagoneer401Pontiac1955-1956All Models287, 316Pontiac1957-1958All Models347, 370Pontiac1959-1966All Models389Pontiac1963-1967All Models326Pontiac1962-1969All Models421, 428Pontiac1967-1974All Models400Pontiac1968-1974All Models350Pontiac1970-1974All Models455